Cosmetic dentistry (smile makeover) is the most impressive, safest, and a permanent solution for improving your smile and overall facial structure.
- Do you believe your teeth are bit yellowish and stained?
- Do you presume your teeth are not adequately aligned?
- Do you believe your smile is not remarkable enough?
- Do you feel embarrassed while smiling because of your chipped, broken, or damaged teeth?
If your answer to any or all of the above questions is YES, NOW is the perfect time for you to opt for a smile makeover through cosmetic dentistry procedures.
Importance of cosmetic dentistry procedures
Cosmetic dentistry typically falls under appearance related dentistry. Contemporary cosmetic dental procedures are high-tech which employs advanced resources and advanced technologies.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures consider various portions such as colour, width, length, and shape of your teeth. This is because your overall facial appearance, skin tone, gum tissue, and lips collectively build up your ideal smile.
Consultations related to smile makeover can result in either a single dental treatment being executed or a sequence of procedures that are collective to build the finest smile. Creating a beautiful smile is an exclusive process and works on a case-to-case basis.
The cosmetic dentistry procedures include teeth whitening, white fillings, tooth implants, dental veneers, composite bonding, and crown & bridge. In most of the cases, a cosmetic dentist implements a combination of the above cosmetic dentistry procedures.
How can cosmetic dentistry procedures correct tooth discoloration?
There could be several reasons why your teeth are not brilliant-white. It could be because of ageing, or excessive consumption of alcohol, cigarette, and staining substances like tea, coffee, tobacco, red wine, etc. Here, cosmetic dentistry can help you better than teeth whitening gels and pastes to whiten and brighten your discolored teeth.
Based on your dental health, your cosmetic dentist will advise you out how to deal with your yellowish and discolored tooth. In the case of discoloration, no specific diagnosis is needed. A professional dentist can analyse through examination of your teeth. Dental treatment of tooth discoloration involves identifying the etiology and implementing the therapy.
Treatments to correct tooth discoloration include:
- Dental veneers: it doesn’t remove stains, but it covers the entire stained and discoloured tooth with thin pieces of porcelain which recreate the natural look of teeth
- Teeth whitening: a variety of techniques falls under teeth whitening. They are: chair-side power whitening, bleaching, in-office whitening, and others. Products available in the market to whiten your teeth are chewing gums, gels, toothpastes & rinses, whitening strips, and custom made whitening trays
- Laser/ZOOM teeth whitening: these are Laser Whitening treatments with the help of lights (LED, Halogen or others)
How can cosmetic dentistry procedures correct uneven teeth?
Uneven teeth are also termed as overlapping, crooked or twisted teeth. In most of the cases, they are inherited trait like how your skin tone, hair colour and eye colour is. Crooked / misaligned teeth often result in over bite, under bite, or cross bite. Furthermore, it increases the possibilities of cavities and tooth decay.
An orthodontist will most probably take X-rays of your teeth and jaw line prior to going ahead with the treatment. Special cephalometrics or panoramic X-rays show the relationship of the teeth to the jaws and the jaws to the head. In extreme cases, an orthodontist also clicks images of your facial structure. Once the diagnosis is done, s/he will take corrective steps to treat your uneven teeth. Thankfully, there are many orthodontic treatments are available today to have your teeth straightened in convenient, comfortable, fast, and efficient behaviour.
Treatments to correct uneven teeth
Recent orthodontic treatments typically entail the use of fixed braces to move teeth, facilitating patients to be treated with high standard, best quality procedures and provide them with the best possible results.
- Lingual fixed braces: these are placed inside (back of) the teeth in a similar fashion to labial (i.e. exterior) braces
- Exterior fixed braces: these braces come in different varieties and provide an effective solution. Traditional metal braces are smaller and visible, ceramic braces are usually the same as your teeth colour, and crystal brackets are made from clear crystal. Crystal brackets are virtually invisible.
- Aligners: these are a series of tight-fitting custom-made retainers that slip over the teeth. Aligners perform as the best solution for crowding or outcropping of the front teeth.
- Invisalign / Removable clear braces: invisalign is an increasingly popular orthodontist procedure to correct uneven teeth. According to one opinion, “For Invisalign to work, the aligners must be worn for at least 22 hours per day.”
For patients who desire to have an immediate result without much pain, accelerated orthodontics would be the best solution for them. By merging two treatments, the dentists (periodontic and orthodontic) will assist you to get back your beautiful smile once again. In normal cases, under PROPEL System, before the orthodontist applies braces, an oral surgeon trim the gums and bones into a shape that allow the teeth to skate conveniently into their desired positions. This procedure requires nearly six months aligning the teeth in place. However, AcceleDent System depends on a gadget that emits micro-pulses that promote bone growth and help the teeth move faster.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures (including orthodontics) have become more popular than ever before. People are now aware that cosmetic dentistry has grown its wings beyond just a smile makeover. The entire dental improvements are not always just cosmetic. Many of these treatments can improve oral problems, such as your bite. Cosmetic dentistry understands that a beautiful, bright and confident smile is not possible if your oral health and hygiene are not up to the mark.