Smile Makeover: What is it?
A smile makeover is a treatment plan developed especially for you by our skilled dentists. To correct your smile, they will make use of techniques which may include minor restorative, surgical, cosmetic and aesthetic procedures.
A smile makeover can range from simple treatments such as teeth whitening to advanced treatments such as the complete reconstruction of the mouth. At Clear Choice Dental we will take measurements of your face during different facial expressions to understand how your teeth will look in every context. With the help of 3D imaging, x-rays, diagnostic models and photographic analysis, we will determine where your smile can be improved and from there recommend the best course of action for you.
Before we begin treatment the dentist will advise:
- What kind of changes they will make.
- What you can expect from the treatment.
- The maintenance required after the treatment.
Because we have an IV sedation setup, we can conduct our Smile Makeovers in-house. In some cases we may use sleep dentistry to ensure the absolute comfort of patients who are undergoing complex and invasive treatment procedures, or if the patient experiences anxiety when visiting the dentist.
When we conduct a smile makeover, we consider the following factors:
- Measurements of the patient’s face
- The appearance of the teeth during different facial expressions
- 3D images and x-rays of the jaw
- We’ll create a model of what the teeth can potentially look like in order to ensure patient satisfaction before any procedure commences.