TEETH WHITENING FOR A CONFIDENT SMILE
Teeth Whitening is probably one of the more popular cosmetic procedures we offer at Clear Choice Dental. Over time, the teeth will inevitably yellow. Some people feel so embarrassed to smile that they habitually cover their smile with their hand!
With our teeth whitening service, you won’t have to worry about this ever again. Teeth whitening is a quick and safe procedure that involves the use of a blue LED light and a gel containing hydrogen peroxide which hastens the bleaching process, so you can feel more confident in your smile sooner!
At Clear Choice Dental we offer two options to our patients:
- Take home kits: Sometimes it is simply not feasible for you to visit our clinic for the time it takes to have your teeth whitened. In such cases, you can make use of our take-home whitening kit which comes with a professional-grade treatment gel. In the dental practice, a mould of your teeth is taken in order to custom fit your bleaching tray. Once this is made, you can begin the bleaching process from home. At home, the gel is applied into the trays and needs to be worn for an hour over the course of a two-week period. This process may be slower, but it is cheaper and safer to do without a dentist’s supervision.
- Advanced Zoom 3 Teeth Whitening: This is an in-chair service that takes approximately two hours. This kind of a treatment is considered to be best for those people who are looking for instant results. Another reason they opt to have this is because they don’t want to perform the bleach themselves, or if they know they’ll forget to do the treatment at home. The dentist will use the highest-quality professional bleach in order to brighten your teeth in the least amount of time required.
What are the causes of staining or discoloring?
Over a period of time our teeth develop stains which are hard to remove. There are quite a number of reasons as to why our teeth would get stained or discolored. Here are a few of the reasons:
- Regular intake of coloured beverages that include coffee, black tea, cola or wine.
- Regular consumption of pigmented foods like cranberries, blackberries or soya sauce.
- With age, the enamel around the teeth can wear off and expose the yellow coloring underneath.
- Poor oral hygiene, smoking and certain medications also have a yellowing effect on tooth colour.
Get a professional assessment at Clear Choice Dental!
Before you actually jump into the treatment plan, it is crucial that you have a complete oral assessment. This will help the dentist get an idea of any problems you may be facing as far as your oral health is concerned. This is important because if your oral health is compromised then the teeth whitening will not be an effective treatment.
In case you have any queries, our expert team of dentists and hygienists will be happy to answer them. It is satisfying to know that we have witnessed a whopping 90% success rate in our advanced teeth whitening treatments. In some rare cases, a few of the teeth may have becoming extremely resistant and hence patients may have to opt for a different treatment.
Not everybody can go in for this teeth whitening procedure. Those who should avoid getting whitening done are:
- People suffering from severe gum disease.
- People having problems with old or new tooth cavities.
- Pregnant or lactating women.
- If you are currently wearing braces, or you have worn them in the past 3 to 6 months.
- If you are allergic to hydrogen peroxide.
- Children below the age of 14.
Let our professionals advise you on Teeth Whitening
In case you have any queries about the teeth whitening procedure, you can get in touch with our dentists here.