Invisalign: the invisible solution!
Do you want to straighten your teeth without seeing an unsightly metal frame in your mouth? Do you want to use a treatment that you can take out if the need calls for it? Invisalign is the solution for you!
Say goodbye to metal wires and braces and say hello to straight teeth with Invisalign. Here are the benefits of the Invisalign system:
- Treats a range of issues like spacing, overbite, underbite, crossbite, and crowding.
- Because the aligners can be removed it is much easier to eat, drink, brush, floss and live life as normal.
- Straightens teeth discreetly. Hardly anyone will be able to tell you’re wearing them.
- Invisalign is fabricated from smooth, comfortable plastic unlike braces which may cause irritation to your gums and cheeks.
What is the treatment process?
The Invisalign system comprises of transparent aligners that are custom designed to apply constant pressure to crooked teeth in the same way as braces. Every two weeks, adjustments are made to the trays to compensate for the movement of your teeth. Treatment stops once we have achieved the desired result, which usually takes about 1 year’s time depending on the patient. If you are unsure of the treatment, our dentist can take an imprint of your teeth and create a 3D model to show you how your teeth will look once the process is complete.
Here are the benefits of having straighter teeth:
- When you have straighter teeth, you have healthier gums. Clinical studies have proved that a good alignment of teeth will help the gums hold teeth strongly.
- You will have better oral health. When you have straighter teeth, brushing and flossing becomes easier and there is less chance of plaque buildup, which means there’s less chance of gum disease or tooth decay.
- You have better chewing and speech ability with straighter teeth. Poorly aligned teeth may make it difficult to form shapes with your lips and thus affects speech articulation.
- Properly aligned teeth will improve your bite, and may help with muscular problems in your jaw.
- Your smile aesthetics are improved, giving you more confidence in your smile!